Of course the MSM has ignored these stories while the blogs have been all over them.
I don't see anything about Israel. Surely the Gaza and other Palestinian situations should rank up near the top? We don't see much on the tube about about the Israeli genocide.
How about the Georgia preemptive strike against South Ossetia and the MSM putting the blame on Russian aggression?
The spy trial that has been put on hold? Now what foreign country was involved in that?
Vote fraud could possibly be listed.
The real tales of the illegal wars are pretty much kept hidden.
Last but not least, the media ( all mainstream and much of the alternative) with it's multifaceted tentacles of lies and propoganda censors itself from telling off on itself.
Maybe this should be number 1.
I'm wondering who funds Project Censored and why some of the most important and censored stories of the year are not listed here.
Whoever is inclined to even think about it would have some other ideas on the censorship.
I guess the editors had to prioritize based on something.
- #1. Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation
- # 2 Security and Prosperity Partnership: Militarized NAFTA
- # 3 InfraGard: The FBI Deputizes Business
- # 4 ILEA: Is the US Restarting Dirty Wars in Latin America?
- # 5 Seizing War Protesters’ Assets
- # 6 The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act
- # 7 Guest Workers Inc.: Fraud and Human Trafficking
- # 8 Executive Orders Can Be Changed Secretly
- #9 Iraq and Afghanistan Vets Testify
- # 10 APA Complicit in CIA Torture
- # 11 El Salvador’s Water Privatization and the Global War on Terror
- # 12 Bush Profiteers Collect Billions From No Child Left Behind
- # 13 Tracking Billions of Dollars Lost in Iraq
- # 14 Mainstreaming Nuclear Waste
- # 15 Worldwide Slavery
- # 16 Annual Survey on Trade Union Rights
- # 17 UN’s Empty Declaration of Indigenous Rights
- # 18 Cruelty and Death in Juvenile Detention Centers
- # 19 Indigenous Herders and Small Farmers Fight Livestock Extinction
- # 20 Marijuana Arrests Set New Record
- # 21 NATO Considers “First Strike” Nuclear Option
- # 22 CARE Rejects US Food Aid
- # 23 FDA Complicit in Pushing Pharmaceutical Drugs
- # 24 Japan Questions 9/11 and the Global War on Terror
- # 25 Bush’s Real Problem with Eliot Spitzer
Post by way of: http://whatreallyhappened.com/