Thursday, December 11, 2008

Caylee is Dead, Long Live the Media Distractions

It's tragic. The death of a child always is.

But we've got to exploit the moment.

Go get 'em Geraldo, on that plane to Florida now Gretta, Nancy Grace...in your place.

It's showtime.

http://msnbcmedia4.msn.com/j/msnbc/Components/Photos/070406/070406_rivera_hmed_12p.hmedium.jpg http://www.clevelandleader.com/files/nancy_grace_036.jpg

This Caylee story must be one of the most important events in the world. Why else would the news channels spend so much time on it?


I heard that in another part of the world there are also a few children dying. Starving, blown to bits or from lack of medical care.

Now where is that place? The talking heads are silent on it so it's easy to forget. The budget must be tight because I don't think Gretta has been sent there. Not newsworthy I suppose.

Oh yeah, I remember now, someplace called Gaza. An Israeli concentration camp of 1.5 million?

Nah, couldn't be. Fox News, CNN and MSNBC would have told me.


I found the photos below from Zoriah Miller when he was in Gaza but this is from the internet, not CNN, and some people tell me not to trust what I see or read online.

Zoriah_gaza_refugee_girl_palestinian_beach_camp_israel_west_bank_street_slum_poverty08_12_08_G6Y8423
© Zoriah/www.zoriah.com

A Palestinian girl passes time on the streets of a refugee camp in Gaza City. Children in Gaza spend a great deal of their time on the streets because they usually are unable to afford to go to school and there are few playgrounds or parks in the Palestinian territories.


Palestine_palestinian_children_ga_2
© Zoriah/www.zoriah.com

Children play near a cluster of bullet-riddled homes in the southern Gaza Strip town of Rafah in August, 2008.


Now I've heard that Geraldo is a dual US/Israeli citizen so if he would just go to Gaza and report on this, then we would know the truth.

Just like we'll soon know the truth of everything there is to know on the death of poor Caylee.

Cause if Fox says it's so, it's so.

2 comments:

  1. This is an excellent post. Hits the mark. Stunning photos. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want your RSS feed on my social networking site! You can promote this blog and I can find you faster lol

    Peace, Chaz

    ReplyDelete