Project Censored gives us an overview of some stories that the mainstream media doesn't cover with any depth, if at all.
Also once again, conspicuous by it's absence, is any mention of Israel, the siege of Gaza and the Israeli zionist regime's continuing efforts to get the U.S. to fight its wars.
I wonder why this is? Rarely is there even a 10 second mention on the news channels of the plight of those in the Gaza Strip concentration camp. There are numerous websites and blogs that give extensive coverage of the situation but it doesn't even make the top 25 for Project Censored. If this is not a censored story, what is?
Is Israel off limits to the folks at Project Censored? Who funds them and who decides the agenda?
9/11 censored gets a Japanese story but what about the myriad of American investigators and theorists who will continue attempting to expose the crimes of that day until the truth is known or until the day that they die? This has been a censored story since day one, especially concerning 9/11 being a false flag attack. If this is not a number 1 or 2 story every year, what is?
Naturally the private Federal Reserve gets no mention. After nearly 100 years of censorship about who owns them, no accountability to the public and how every move they make is for their and their allies benefit, why start now?
Congress being bought and sold to the money interests and not listening to their voting constituents is also left out. Maybe they know this is not a secret to most people and no need to list it as censored.
War crimes and criminal prosecution of the Bush administration? There's a lot talk of this but not in the media. Obama has said he won't do it so I guess there's no use in even mentioning it.
Lies of wars, the fraud of the 'War on Terror,' the continual fear mongering by the media?
How about the false left/right paradigm? The media censors any mention of lack of difference between the two major parties, especially concerning Israel and the never ending wars.
All of us probably have some other issues that we think are censored and not covered by Project Censored.
In fairness to Project Censored, all of their top 25 should be major news stories but of course are not. We know who controls the media.
Is there such a thing as p0llitically correct reporting of censored stories? It seems as if certain issues are off limits.
Is Project Censored a censor, a diversion to some issues that they are paid to help keep swept under the rug?
Nothing new here. Every year they cover up some cover ups.
- #1. Over One Million Iraqi Deaths Caused by US Occupation
- # 2 Security and Prosperity Partnership: Militarized NAFTA
- # 3 InfraGard: The FBI Deputizes Business
- # 4 ILEA: Is the US Restarting Dirty Wars in Latin America?
- # 5 Seizing War Protesters’ Assets
- # 6 The Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act
- # 7 Guest Workers Inc.: Fraud and Human Trafficking
- # 8 Executive Orders Can Be Changed Secretly
- #9 Iraq and Afghanistan Vets Testify
- # 10 APA Complicit in CIA Torture
- # 11 El Salvador’s Water Privatization and the Global War on Terror
- # 12 Bush Profiteers Collect Billions From No Child Left Behind
- # 13 Tracking Billions of Dollars Lost in Iraq
- # 14 Mainstreaming Nuclear Waste
- # 15 Worldwide Slavery
- # 16 Annual Survey on Trade Union Rights
- # 17 UN’s Empty Declaration of Indigenous Rights
- # 18 Cruelty and Death in Juvenile Detention Centers
- # 19 Indigenous Herders and Small Farmers Fight Livestock Extinction
- # 20 Marijuana Arrests Set New Record
- # 21 NATO Considers “First Strike” Nuclear Option
- # 22 CARE Rejects US Food Aid
- # 23 FDA Complicit in Pushing Pharmaceutical Drugs
- # 24 Japan Questions 9/11 and the Global War on Terror
- # 25 Bush’s Real Problem with Eliot Spitzer