(Feb 25, 2009) So-called "National Defense,"aka Pentagon Fraud, is an ongoing scam in America that continues unabated. In fact, this egregious "privatized" Pentagon fraud has even been increased under the Obama Regime.
"The Bush administration's Fiscal Year 2009 budget for the Department of Defense came in at $513 billion. That does not include the ongoing costs of the wars in Iraq or Afghanistan. It's by far the largest number in the world. And it represents a huge increase in the baseline budget from where it was in FY2001," reports Matthew Yglesias.
That's what happens when Unindicted War Criminals rule America.
"The Office of Management and Budget (OMB) was preparing to tell the Pentagon to spend $527 billion -- a $14 billion increase -- in FY2010. But the Pentagon wanted to spend $584 billion. So they had this effort underway to portray Obama's $14 billion hike as a $57 billion cut," Yglesias continues.
Congressional Quarterly's Josh Rogin reports that OMB and the Pentagon have agreed to an even greater increase -- $537 billion for the coming fiscal year.
"The new topline figure is $10 billion greater than guidance President Obama's administration gave to the Pentagon only last month. The increase reflects the effort to incorporate some items previously found in supplemental war funding budgets, the sources said, but does not cover the cost of ongoing operations in Iraq and Afghanistan, which will still require additional funding above the base request next fiscal year."
Even though the Pentagon has lost the War on Iraq and the War on Afghanistan, this insatiable satanic beast wants more...
And guess who's paying for killing all those brown people overseas?
source: Conspiracy Planet
To conspire to maintain positions of power and the flow of money requires secrecy according to the Pentagon.
Pentagon moves to impose secrecy on budget talks
WASHINGTON (AFP) – Senior Pentagon officials have had to promise they will keep the details of the US military budget secret as the Defense Department prepares to make tough cuts on weapons programs, a spokesman said on Wednesday.
In an unprecedented move,asked top military officers and civilian officials to sign non-disclosure forms in which they agree not to reveal deliberations about the politically charged budget.
"Everybody who's participating in this process -- these are the highest ranking people in this department ... were asked to sign an agreement in which they would agree not to speak to any of the matters that they are working on as part of this budget process," press secretary news conference.told a
"This is highly sensitive stuff involving programs costing tens of billions of dollars, employing hundreds of thousands of people and -- and go to the heart of national security," he said.
Members of thewere among those required to sign, and Gates himself signed the form, Morrell said.
"This is to reinforce the message that indeed this is classified material. These are highly secret discussions. And we should remember that, be mindful of it, and honor it," Morrell said.
News of the bid to impose secrecy came as President Barack Obama prepares to present his budget request to Congress on Thursday.
Gates has warned he plans to take a hard look at expensive weapons programs, which enjoy the backing of powerful defense firms and lawmakers in Congress.
The non-disclosure forms may carry less legal weight than the strict security clearances already governing top officials and officers. But the defense secretary's step may have been designed more as a symbolic message to curb leaks about sensitive budget negotiations, analysts said.
Gates is "trying to invoke personal loyalty," said Michael O'Hanlon at the Brookings Institution, a Washington think tank.
"Gates is trying to send the message that if you do that (leak) you're actually hurting me and I'll take it as a personal affront and I'm personally asking you not to do it," O'Hanlon told AFP.