Thursday, April 9, 2009

Bart Gordon on the Industrial Hemp Farming Act Tennessee's 6th district congressman, Bart Gordon, responded to my request that he back HR 1866, The Industrial Hemp Farming Act 0f 2009.

As usual on certain issues, Bart has no opinion. He will defer to the recommendations of his colleagues. This bill would be of great benefit to Tennessee's farmers but Bart slides out the back door and will not take a stand. He's sure the bill will never leave committee so he won't make a public statement on it.

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for sharing your support for the Industrial Hemp Farming Act. Hearing from you helps me better represent Middle Tennessee.

In this difficult economic climate, farmers need all the help they can get. This bill which would permit agricultural hemp farming has been referred to the House Judiciary Committee. I look forward to reviewing the recommendations of my colleagues should this bill come to a vote on the House floor.

Again, thank you for contacting me. Please do not hesitate to call on me again if I may be of assistance to you or your family.

Stay in touch,
Member of Congress

No comments:

Post a Comment