Thursday, April 2, 2009

Bart Gordon's response to HR875

http://gordon.house.gov/images/Bart_Kids.jpg
This is my favorite photo of Bart. It's where he reenacts Bush's 9/11 scene of "My Pet Goat."

After about three weeks I received my response from Bart Gordon, TN 6th Congressional District representative, 'my con', regarding my questions on HR875, Food Safety Modernization Act of 2009.

It took his staff a little longer than usual to put together the form letter on this subject. How do I know it is a standard form letter that he thinks/hopes his constituents will take as being personal? I didn't even mention organic farms or farmers markets. I only asked him if he had read the entire bill and that I thought it was a travesty for small farmers.

Bart does not listen to his 'voters.' He will continue to be a sell out to the folks in middle Tennessee as long as he is in office.

This is the best they could come up with?

Dear Kenneth,

Thank you for contacting me about organic farms and H.R. 875, the Food Safety Modernization Act. Hearing from you helps me better serve Middle Tennessee.

The House Energy and Commerce Committee is currently drafting legislation to modernize the Food and Drug Administration's (FDA) food safety system. The Committee is using H.R. 759, not H.R. 875, as its base bill. The bill will focus on the safety of foods sold in supermarkets. It will not address farms or farmers markets, which are outside the jurisdiction of the FDA. I understand your concerns. As a member of the committee, I will work with my colleagues to ensure the bill does not have unintended effects on organic farms or farmers markets.

As always, I appreciate your input. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may ever be of assistance to you or your family.

Stay in touch,

BART GORDON
Member of Congress

4 comments:

  1. These Mother-Fucking Crooks are going to make growing food in your back yard illegal. You may be able to grow tomatoes.. but the seeds will have to be from Monsanto or Cargill. This is not Tin-foil hat Conspiracy. This is REALITY now ujnder consideration in our CONgress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey "Anonymous" AND "Kenny",

    Both of you are filthy stinking liers.

    Let me make this clear so that even STUPID JACKASSES LIKE YOURSELVES GET IT!

    1. HR--875 WILL NOT impose ANY special restrictions specifically aimed at organic farms. Actually organic farming have to ALREADY meet standards that FAR WELL exceed ANY of the JOKE standards set forth by the FDA or USDA, BUT GARBAGE MOUTH SCUM LICKING TRASH LIKE YOU WOULDN'T KNOW about eating anything healthy would you? Go cower in the corner with your box of twinkies, jerk!

    2. HR-875 has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM with personal gardens.
    HR-875 has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM with personal gardens.
    HR-875 has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING TO DO IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM with personal gardens.

    Do you got that STUPID?

    Good,
    You RepubliSCUMS make me sick

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chuck,
    Your anger and name calling seen to be misplaced.

    First, if you read my post, in my letter to Gordon I said I did not even mention organic or even gardening. He is the one who responded in those terms, with a form letter not related to my questions.

    Second, as a vegetarian and organic gardener for over 35 years, I probably have more experience in good food and agriculture than you do.

    Third, I am not a repub...or a Dem. Some of us left that false left/right paradigm behind a long time ago. Perhaps you should think about that and try to direct your venom towards ALL of the bought and anti-American politicians who will never represent you or I.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chuck, why would anyone listen to you, all you have managed to point out to us is anger. you need help.
    you will never get anyone to see your point of view with an attitude like you have.

    ReplyDelete