Thursday, July 30, 2009

Thieves

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01366/breaking_in_1366773c.jpg

Ever been broken into? Stolen from on a very personal level? It really pisses you off for a while doesn't it.

Maybe the glass door isn't broken right now but robbery and theft go on every day. The thieves are called Wall Street, the Federal Reserve, the U.S. government and corporations who's aim is to not break glass but to break our spirit. Control is easier that way.

Scott Crieghton
gives us some numbers from the theft. Some of this money, in theory, is stolen from me....and you. And yet we don't feel the anger the same as if our physical homes were broken into.
Tarp money, what Tarp money?

NY AG Andrew Cuomo has reported that more than 4,700 employees of the 9 top banks that received Troubled Asset Relief Program (TARP) money, have been given bonuses in excess of $1 million dollars. 836 of them received more than $3 million.

Citigroup Inc. gave employees $5.33 BILLION in bonuses for 2008

  • reported $27 billion in losses for 2008
  • gave 738 of its employees bonuses of at least $1 million
  • gave 44 of it’s employees bonuses of at least $5 million
  • received total of $45 billion in government money
  • has NOT repaid TARP loans to date

Bank of America Corp. gave employees $3.3 BILLION in bonuses for 2008

  • earned only $2.56 billion in 2008
  • gave 172 of it’s employees bonuses of at least $1 million
  • received total of $45 billion in government money
  • bought Merrill Lynch with $20 BILLION of the TARP money
  • Merrill Lynch lost $30 BILLION in 2008
  • Merrill Lynch paid 696 employees at least $1 million in bonuses
  • has NOT repaid TARP loans to date

JP Morgan Chase. Has not disclosed exactly how much they have paid in bonuses (at least $2.26 BILLION in bonuses for 2008)

  • gave 1,626 of it’s employees bonuses of at least $1 million
  • gave at least 200 employees bonuses of at least $3 million
  • gave out more in bonuses than they made in 2008
  • received $25 billion in TARP funds
  • has paid the TARP funds back

Goldman Sachs. has not disclosed exactly how much they have paid in bonuses (at least $1.6 BILLION in bonuses for 2008)

  • gave 953 of it’s employees bonuses of at least $1 million
  • gave at least 200 employees bonuses of at least $3 million
  • gave out more in bonuses than they made in profits for 2008
  • received $10 billion in TARP funds
  • has paid the TARP funds back [source]

Pretty unbelievable if you really look at it and that's just one example of the high level theft.

We could go on all day describing the techniques of the breakers and enterers but most folks seem to be resigned to accepting the thievery, lies and war. It's all so abstract that it's hard for the masses to grasp. We hope that it really can't be happening.

Thievery without the broken glass at your doorstep doesn't piss us off very much. The slow burn of the theft of our future that requires our labor and our lives in incremental doses should be getting us plenty mad but it's not.

Without anger or some kind of emotional attachment to what is being stolen, we just sort of lie in bed with the covers over our heads and hope that the thieves don't hurt us too bad.

And that's just the way the current crop of criminals want it.

3 comments:

  1. I have enough anger for the whole world. There seems to be no channels for it, or the ones that are there quickly turn into cul-de-sacs or controlled oppositions. The fact is you accurately describe this thievery: sapping the spirit of the people. I find myself still seething about the wars and the controllers, but just sad when I post or read items about the lootings. And yet Americans just want to pay their usurious bills (if they can) as if they have never known anything else. Hey, I'm not trying to be critical of my peers, but in my case, I simply have nothing left for them to take. They already got it all.

    Oh, yeah, good morning from up north here. I wouldn't want to be accused of being all negative and pessimistic about the fight we are winning. This post pairs very well with the one immediately below it. Once again, you are precise and insightful with your commentary.

    Take care and stay well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your support Rocker.

    I remembered this quote from wrh that I think is appropriate.

    "Hate gets a bad rap. But there are times when hate is a perfectly proper response to evil deeds, and rage can provide the energy needed to do what must be done. Nothing corrodes slave chains faster than anger."

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had thieves breaking into my house, one of the 3 I was current on the mortgages on.

    I had teens attacking me in the dark with a 2x4 with nails in it. I had a teen drug dealer chase me into my house while he was wielding a gun, allegedly a nephew of a town officer in Connecticut.

    I had a teen building pipe bombs in my basement put me and tenants with young children at risk. He detonated a device and an end cap came out.

    Officers were bragging "Big Mouth" would be taught a lesson. So, when I was attacked on my property by a would be mugger, I ended the attack with pepper spray. I lost my houses, businesses, and contact with my daughter and most of my family because I was sentenced to a year in prison for ending the beating I was taking with pepper spray!

    If you want to know more about that story, just google "Steven G. Erickson"

    Kenny glad to see your blog up and running. I would like to talk to you. stevengerickson@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete