Thursday, October 29, 2009

The Swine Flu Hits Close to Home

 





Playing for the 'Piggly Wiggly' team.
My daughter just took my 10 year old grandson to the doctor and guess what the doc said he has.... Yep, the swine flu. No testing required, just a quick in and out of the office with a 'script for Tamiflu and orders to get it in him fast. I suppose this adds him to the ever growing H1N1 statistics and the bottom line profits of Roche.

I called him and gave a few oink-oinks when he answered but I don't think he was in the mood for humor.  He sounded OK and I asked him to be sure and tell if he thinks he has any side effects from the drug. He'll be quarantined until he's over it.  Hopefully he'll be fine soon and at least he didn't take the vaccine.

4 comments:

  1. @Kenny

    without giving out too much personal info I have a medical degree. Tamiflu can have strange side effects with SOME children, excessive nightmares and such combined with a fever can become confusion and hallucinations. I would still give it to my own children if they have swine flu as it begins to work very quickly.


    just wanted to let you know:)

    May the wee one get well quickly!!

    God bless:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement irish.

    He'll be monitored closely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://stargazersandgravediggers.blogspot.com/2009/10/star-of-anise.html

    I read a story of a woman in Britain who was bringing the house down over the fact that tamiflu turned her three year old into a quivering, hallucinating psychopath. Tamiflu is made from star of anise seeds. the Chinese regularly use but who knows what else they put in it.

    I already have a sauce made of around here using it. You can buy them at the grocery store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eldeberry root liquid, 1000 IU's for every 25 lbs of bodyweight, colloidal silver nasal spray, and green tea capsules. THose all work great for both swine flu and seasonal flu.

    ReplyDelete