Sunday, November 15, 2009

Hidden Art of War

There's plenty of money for bombs, bullets and other insanities of war but for lack of funding there lies hidden in Washington DC a treasure trove of the art of war.

The paintings and sketches could be said to be either pro or anti-war but in any case should be on display for all to see.

From CBS News Sunday Morning

ART: The Army Collection
"Hidden Treasures," a major art collection of works done mostly by United States Army soldiers about Army troops from America's earliest wars to present day. The collection includes paintings, drawing and sculptures by famous American artists including Norman Rockwell, as well as by infamous Nazis including Adolph Hitler, all hidden from public view behind closed doors in the basement of an office building in Washington, D.C. Rita Braver reports on what she saw - and others can not.

Some of the collection...

The early artwork of Hitler...said to be kept hidden so as not to be used for propaganda purposes...


  1. Surprised. was unaware of Adolph's artistic talent.

  2. I know, I know, off topic, but, its the only Charlie Brown episode that has made me laugh out loud. Jan 27 1952
    h ttp://

  3. Hello sir ,

    I am very much impressed to your site . I have been maintaining this blog http://news- to share the worldwide news information to

    So If you could provide me a link to my blog,I will also add your link on my blog, it will be much more useful for all user.It would be great pleasure if you can add this link in your site so that it can benefit our visitors.

    Our title is Current news updates

    Your site contains so many other standard information which gives more knowledge.The presentation of the information is very nice and made the users to read it get the concepts in the right manner.

    Hope you would add my blog.

    Awaiting for your positive reply.

    Thank you
    With Regards,

  4. Sorrily;

    Blog not found
    go back
    shutting down windoze

    Try again Megan

  5. Current news updates comes up in a comments style mini window unexpandable sorry lol
    Try again Megaan

  6. Woohoo figured it out. I can copy the web address from the top of the comment window and paste it into top bar of kenny's blog and presto I'm in.

  7. ok.. Its u add my link..waiting for your reply

  8. Yup that one works good.
    Waiting for the end of the world hehe

  9. HeHe....Where is my link...I didnt found my link in your blog?

  10. Lol not my blog.sry, I'm just anon661716
    Only trying trying to help....