Who's running the show from behind the curtain?
A Supreme Court ruling for the ages that's just another confirmation that we don't have a constitutional republic. The concept of checks and balances is nothing but a relic and a joke.
Now we can add another wrinkle to the corporate mass media manipulations.This year's elections should be interesting and we'll see how far the deep pocket corporations, maybe even foreign ones, will go to promote or destroy a candidate.
I'm looking for 'blowback' on this takeover. Is it possible to get everyone educated to what is happening in this 'money is free speech' scam and reject all big corporate candidates? Of course that would mean turning our back on almost all from both parties. And that would not be a bad thing.
Another way to possibly counter corporate influence would be to boycott any of them that fund campaign ads. But Americans don't tend to come together with boycotts and if war profiteering corporations create ads, well, how do you boycott someone like Boeing or Lockheed Martin.
This ruling is also a states rights issue that supposedly overrides existing state laws in favor of corporations.
Alan Grayson had a few choice words to say about the decision and thinks he may have a way to stop it. We'll be watching his "Save Our Democracy" package, 5 bills introduced in anticipation of the Supreme Court's ruling to prevent a corporate takeover of government in America.
Reining in the executive and judicial branches is the key point in Ron Paul's State of the Republic Address. Agree with him or not in every area, he talks about issues that should be at the forefront of debate.
Video: Part 1 ~~~ Part 2 ~~~ Part 3
Key points .....
What is it that we must do? We must immediately embark on:
• Balance the budget by reducing spending
• Change our foreign policy to that of non-intervention
• A full audit and more supervision of the Federal Reserve leading to abolishing the Federal Reserve
• Legalize competition to the Federal Reserve with competing currencies
• Regain respect for civil liberties and privacy while reigning in the CIA
• Wean ourselves off the dependence of wealth transfers by government
• Abolish crony capitalism-no subsidies, no bailouts, no regulatory or tax privileges to protect the powerful elite, especially the military industrial complex
• Eliminate the income tax, inheritance tax and taxes on savings and dividends.
None of this can happen without the restoration of Congress to its dominant position of the three Branches of Government as was originally intended by the Constitution. The Executive and Judicial must be reined in, and Congress must assert its prerogatives over all legislation curtailing all unconstitutional agendae through budgetary controls. (more - transcript of the videos)