Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Conscientious Objector




On June 20, 1967, federal Judge Joe Ingraham sentenced former heavyweight champion boxer Cassius Clay (though he had changed his name to Muhammad Ali on March 6, 1964) to five years in prison and a $10,000 fine for refusing to submit to U.S. Selective Service laws; it was the maximum sentence allowed.


Talking of his stance in objection to the Vietnam War, Ali did not pull any punches.....

"I ain't got no quarrel with those Vietcong" and "no Vietcong ever called me nigger."

“Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go 10,000 miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam, while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights? No, I’m not going 10,000 miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over.”

 “This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would cost me millions of dollars. But I have said it once, and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is here. … If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people, they wouldn’t have to draft me; I’d join tomorrow. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail, so what? We’ve been in jail for 400 years.”

 “I ain’t draft dodging. I ain’t burning no flag. I ain’t running to Canada. I’m staying right here. You want to send me to jail? Fine, you go right ahead. I’ve been in jail for 400 years. I could be there for 4 or 5 more, but I ain’t going no 10,000 miles to help murder and kill other poor people. If I want to die, I’ll die right here, right now, fightin’ you, if I want to die. You my enemy, not no Chinese, no Vietcong, no Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. Want me to go somewhere and fight for you? You won’t even stand up for me right here in America, for my rights and my religious beliefs. You won’t even stand up for my right here at home. “


Ali was stripped of his boxing title, and his boxing license was suspended. He was not imprisoned, but did not fight again for nearly four years while his appeal worked its way up to the U.S. Supreme Court, where it was eventually successful.


The more things change, the more they remain the same. We have no forced draft today except for the economic one where many feel they have no options. We are still sending soldiers 10,000 miles to murder other poor people. The same few are profiting from the killing. We even go to war for foreign countries who are not our friends. The empire rolls on. Only the manufactured enemies change.

If there is one lesson to be learned from Ali's life, it is that when we all refuse to blindly follow the lies of war...war just might end. You never know.


"War will exist until that distant day when the conscientious objector enjoys the same reputation and prestige that the warrior does today."
                                      John F. Kennedy

21 comments:

  1. I've met several Draft Dodgers here in Canada. Highly worthy of Praise. They got me jobs. They had high Morals.
    I've met several returned Vets too. They got me jobs. Extremely hard workers, Highly worthy of Praise. Morals,however,,,HAHAHAHA

    I was only 10-11-12 When Ali was being put thru the Grinder, a bit young to fully understand. You have no clue how much this post resonates with me Kenny. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was barely a little older than you at that time. It was a turning point in my life. The drafted soldiers coming back from Vietnam got sick of me asking so many questions and were reluctant to say a lot but I got the gist from them, war is hell and it's all a lie.

      As far as the older folks, you could tell who got it and who didn't by what they said about Ali. They either supported his stand or called him every name in the book.

      Delete
    2. I like the quote from JFK you listed - made me think of a play written by Aristophanes called "Lysistrata." In this play a woman named Lysistrata organized the women in a sex-strike. No sex for their men until the men ended the Pelopennesian war.

      Can we convince people it's not cool (and sexually unattractive) to be a soldier (regardless of your gender or sexual persuasion)?

      EV

      EV

      Delete
    3. If only that could happen EV. I've always thought that women should/could be the ones to lead the way against war, doing whatever it takes.

      Delete
  2. http://mrfriendsblog.blogspot.com/2012/06/israel-for-jews-america-and-europe-for.html

    John Friend exposes one of thousands of the racial prejudices committed by zionists as they try to force us into a zionist jew world order.

    "If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around them will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered...I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies... The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the people, to whom it properly belongs." Thomas Jefferson

    This truth pertains to all countries and to the world as a whole.

    The financial crisis in America, Europe and the world is being deliberately caused by the zionist international bankers to force the world to accept a single currency issued and controlled by them = zionist jew world order.

    WAKE THE FLOCK UP BEFORE THIS GOES ANY FURTHER!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I'm wrong - but I'm notJune 21, 2012 at 12:37 AM

      It has gone pretty far already. Control of the issuance of money gives the zionist new world order complete control over you and the laws that govern you. This has been planned for decades by TPTB. Without a revolution the 99% will be serfs and debt-slaves. Think one world currency and Agenda 21. Think FEMA extermination camps.

      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/financialcrisis/9336766/Exclusive-Secret-EU-summit-document-shows-first-step-to-banking-union.html

      EU summit document shows first step to banking union. A classified draft of next week’s EU summit conclusions is the first step on an emerging “roadmap” to a banking union, pooling debt via eurobonds and political union via EU treaty change over the next 10 years.

      Delete
    2. Vote fraud in GreeceJune 21, 2012 at 1:40 AM

      "As it is, 55% of Greeks voted against the globalist rape of their country, yet they are now landed with a kowtowing government which intends to roll over on its back and purr.
      How Orwellian is that? Greeks are back, in a marvelous phrase of George Orwell’s, to the ‘ordinary dirtiness of politics,’ to which I might add the sheer fakery of the debased electoral system. Vote for this and get something else altogether."

      Delete
    3. here's a good statement about war:



      it was from an article I just found published last fall sometime:

      http://www.federaljack.com/?p=114313

      16. UNENDING WARS- Mothers, don’t let your babies grow up to be soldiers. If they make it back home, they’ll never be the same. Look up Gulf War Syndrome. They are guinea pigs for every imaginable vaccine, and unwitting victims of America’s own weapon of mass destruction called
      depleted uranium. You could also become the proud grandparents of a grandchild with 2 heads and 4 legs. It has become very obvious that our government, our military, and our country have been the subjects of a coup ‘d tat. The next time someone says our sons and daughters are defending our freedom, remind them of the black SUVs and swat team raids on the beautiful Amish farmers, or the 630 citizen deaths by cop tasers, or the no warrant, no knock raids on homes of innocent people, or the sexual assault by the airport TSA because people just want to visit their family in another state.

      I know our young people sign up out of financial desperation and perceived patriotism. Once they sign they are compelled to follow orders, but

      it is now apparent to the entire world that they are not fighting for our country, but for the agenda of the cabal of elites who want to own it all, including you. The military standing down is our only hope for saving the country. We need them to defend us, right here at home, from the enemies within, and the outside enemies who are fomented by our government’s lies. I hate to say it, but right at this moment, our military is aiding and abetting the enemy to destroy our dreams, our freedoms, and our country. Is there not a single commander who has the guts to loudly and publicly just say NO MORE?!

      ---
      this article (same writer, I think) is also good:

      http://ppjg.me/2012/06/20/un-agenda-21-and-who-appointed-you-the-new-gods/

      EV

      Delete
  3. IMO Nam Vets are the last vets, because they were drafted. All these recents desert srorm rats are retirees. God bless every draft dodger. Jesse Winchester was one.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uKGWpqnS8E

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "God bless every draft dodger."

      A big round of applause for all of them. Drinks on the house!

      Well, let me back up a bit. Ted Nugent said he was a draft dodger but now he's a war monger. There are plenty of chickenhawk dodger hypocrites who went on to positions of power and sent other peoples kids to kill and be killed. To hell with them.


      The life of Jack Todd - A resister remembers

      http://www.cbc.ca/archives/categories/war-conflict/vietnam-war/seeking-sanctuary-draft-dodgers/the-life-of-jack-todd---a-resister-remembers.html


      I'm repeating myself with this one one but we always supported the true resisters and those who came to their senses.

      AWOL: another week of life

      http://kennysideshow.blogspot.com/2008/07/awol-another-week-of-life.html


      I see this one as anti-war/pro-peace and with the all to often reaction we get...you worry too much.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8pOgzjMULg

      Delete
  4. Here's another example of what we're up against.

    Michelle Leonhart of the DEA is an idiot shill for big pharma and the prison state. Human life forms are almost extinct in government.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ykwaXsQY6Eg&feature=youtube_gdata

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ...well... thats

      one antidote to the tears flowing after watching Jesse Winchester...

      Kenny's Sideshow,,,Videos,,,Too Cool
      So neat to see your site coming of age, Kenny.

      Delete
    2. That guy did a pretty good job of making her look retarded though.

      Delete
    3. He sure did. Props to him.

      Delete
  5. Todd Rungren "Lysistrata." I have enjoyed this man's music for a very long time.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNs2uoFT_u4

    Cordillera Real

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved this! Thanks for posting it.
      -EV

      Delete
  6. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dj1aA_DkXnA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was these words and his anti-war direction that got him killed. MLK was warned by those around him not to go there but he felt the need to.

      Obama wouldn't dare speak these truths.

      Delete
    2. Agreed. Same thing with Malcolm X. The powers that be tolerated their speaking about racial issues. They didn't like it but they allowed it. When both eventually came to speak out on the wars and foreign policy they had to be stopped. At that point they were not only reaching their own people but were starting to reach all people, most importantly whites. That was dangerous.

      Delete
    3. Great video!

      Martin Luther King jr. is one of the true American heros of our time.

      Delete
  7. Off topic-but the guy who is all over the news for buying a Hawaiian island, Larry Ellison? Likely 9/11 perp:

    http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f78/9-11-conspiracy-more-information-about-todd-beamer-israel-1181458/

    ReplyDelete